SRPG PHYSIATRY SERVICES
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), also known as physiatry, is a medical specialty that emphasizes the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of people disabled by disease, disorder or injury. It is one of the newer subspecialty areas of medicine that manages a diversity of conditions involving the nervous and musculoskeletal systems, and focuses on function, independence and quality of life.
A skilled nursing facility rehabilitation program could make a significant difference to the welfare and quality of life of your residents. Double board-certified physiatrist Dr. Javier Placer, MD, and his team at SRPG Group all throughout Central Florida in Orange, Osceola, Polk, Lake and Marion counties.
Specialized Rehabilitation Physician Group is our division dedicated to providing physiatry and pain management services to Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs). Our service provides clinical expertise to attract medically complex rehab patients and demonstrate superior outcomes at their skilled nursing home locations. Physiatry combined with pain management –decreases readmission rates to acute care hospitals, improves functional outcomes, and improve overall patient satisfaction scores.
What Is Included In Our Program?
A skilled nursing facility rehab program is a professional service provided by the SRP Group. Their expert physiatrist Dr. Javier Placer, MD, and his team visits your facility to carry out expert rehabilitation programs for your residents.
The program starts with a diagnosis. The program operates convenient diagnostic testing facilities, including on-site EMG (electromyography) testing with same-day results. Treatments provided include pain management and interventional pain procedures such as:
- Trigger point injections
- Medication Management
- Joint injections
Physiatrist-led treatments typically reduce the likelihood of patients needing surgery, but can also improve
postsurgical outcomes if surgery is required. The skilled nursing facility rehab program is a customized
service that’s tailored to meet the specific needs of your facility. In addition to scheduled patient rounds,
the service includes weekly rehab staff rounds. Using the rehabilitation program helps strengthen your
regulatory systems as well as providing superior care for your residents.
Who Leads The Program At Specialized Rehabilitation Physician Group?
Physiatrists run skilled nursing facility rehab programs. Physiatrists are qualified physicians who have
advanced specialized skills in all aspects of physical medicine and rehabilitation. They have in-depth
knowledge of the musculoskeletal system and use minimally invasive treatments to create customized
rehabilitation plans for each patient. A physiatrist helps patients achieve optimal outcomes from their
rehabilitation using a range of advanced and diverse medical interventions.
Recovery for patients in our rehabilitation program is faster and more effective than using other methods,
enabling you to demonstrate an enviable patient well-being record.
Benefits Of A Skilled Nursing Facility Rehabilitation Program
- Offering a skilled nursing facility rehab program sets your facility apart. Using an expert physiatrist who specializes in pain management and physical rehabilitation enables you to compete with in-rehab care centers and gives you a competitive edge.
- Prevention of hospital readmissions.
- Improved patient care throughout the patients stay, all the way to ensuring a safe discharge plan.
- High-quality documentation unique to each individual patient to support medical care, support therapy, RAC Audits, and federal surveys.
- Increased patient satisfaction scores.
- Coordinated care through team interdisciplinary conferences, family meetings, Medicare meetings.
- Best and most up-to-date practices taught to your staff and rehabilitation team by Board-Certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians.
- Constant communication between the families, therapists and the medical team about the patients’ progress and achievement of functional goals.
- Innovative medical recommendations on physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy for diseases such as strokes, spasticity, dysphagia, cognitive retraining, pain management, and post-surgical care.
- You can attract new patients and referrals from physicians by offering a customized rehabilitation program for your patients that have documented results. As SRP Group staff travel to you, there’s no need to transport patients for rehabilitation or to undergo testing, which increases patient safety, minimizes risk, and lowers your running costs.
- Skilled nursing facility rehab program services ensure 24/7 access to a physiatrist, so your staff, orthopedists, and other physicians can monitor each patient’s progress and ensure a faster recovery.
- Crucially, using a Specialized Rehabilitation Physicians Physicians Group physiatrist gives you all of these advantages at no cost to your facility. Most medical insurance plans cover rehabilitation treatments, and Specialized Rehabilitation Physicians Group provides detailed documentation of the patient’s care journey from diagnosis through treatment and follow-up.
Skilled Nursing Facility Rehabilitation Program Orange, Osceola, Polk, Lake and Marion counties
Available ALL THOUGHOUT CENTRAL FLORIDA:
If you’d like to discuss the benefits of using the skilled nursing facility rehab program, call Specialized Rehabilitation Physicians Group now. Patients looking for rehab homes can call the office directly for more information.