Do you feel uneasy about pain management procedures?
Dealing with chronic pain is tough, and the idea of injections can be daunting, especially without anesthesia.
How can you undergo these procedures without fearing the pain?
We will discuss how nitrous oxide can help with pain management during a procedure.
What is Nitrous Oxide?
Nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas, has been used for decades in medical procedures as a means to manage pain.
It is a colorless and odorless gas administered through a mask, allowing the patient to inhale it during the procedure.
Pro-Nox™ is a top choice for pain relief, using a perfect mix of 50% Nitrous Oxide and 50% Oxygen.
This self-administered gas system guarantees a complete blend of N2O and O2, creating effects similar to laughing gas, according to feedback from practitioners and patients.
Pro-Nox™ was created to serve various specialties as the go-to solution for pain and anxiety management across a range of procedures.
How Does the Pro-Nox™ Work?
The analgesia system combines nitrous oxide and oxygen in a safe mixture, delivered through a mouthpiece or mask.
You have control over the self-administration process. Your doctor will instruct you to breathe normally through your mouth, and soon, you’ll begin to experience the effects of the gas mixture.
Unlike regular anesthesia that blocks nerve signals, Pro-Nox™ eases pain by briefly stopping the transmission of pain signals to the brain, making it temporarily unable to process pain.
What Are The Benefits of Nitrous Oxide in Pain Management?
Using nitrous oxide for pain management like the Pro-Nox™ offers several benefits, including:
- Rapid Onset: Nitrous oxide, employed for sedation, acts rapidly, with its pain-inhibiting properties typically taking effect within minutes of administration.
- Self-Administration: Patients often have control over the administration process, allowing them to regulate the dosage based on their comfort levels.
- Short Duration: The effects of nitrous oxide are short-lived, making it suitable for procedures where brief pain relief is needed.
- Reduced Anxiety: Nitrous oxide in sedation has an anxiolytic effect, helping to alleviate anxiety and promote a more relaxed state during medical procedures.
- Minimal Recovery Time: Once the administration is stopped, the effects wear off swiftly, and patients can usually resume normal activities shortly afterward.
- Adjustable Sedation Levels: Healthcare providers can adjust the concentration of nitrous oxide to achieve the desired level of sedation for each patient and procedure.
- Safe and Well-Tolerated: Nitrous oxide is generally considered safe when administered by trained professionals and is well-tolerated by most patients.
Pain Management Solutions Available at the Florida Pain and Spine Institute
Dr. Javier Placer and Dr. Ruben Rivera at Florida Spine and Pain Institute are Board Certified Interventional Pain Management physiatrists qualified to administer Pro-Nox™ to help you relax before receiving a regenerative medicine treatment or other pain management solutions.
Schedule an appointment with us today.